Are you struggling with addiction or depression? If you are, then you probably already know that God has promised to give us strength through His word.
In this article, we will share some Bible verses that can help you overcome these struggles and aid you through your recovery.
The Bible says that God gives us strength when we face trials and temptations. He promises to strengthen our faith and give us the courage to endure whatever comes our way.
These verses can help you get back on track after a relapse or a bad decision. They can also encourage you to stay strong during tough times or recovery.
Just take a look down below and see which verse speaks to you and your soul the most…
1. God Will Provide Strength During Tough Times
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
(Psalms 18:2 – 6)
2. Turn To God If You Are Tempted To Return To Your Old Ways
Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.
3. God Knows We Can Only Grow Stronger Through Pain & Suffering
We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, and character produces hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
(Romans 5:3 – 5)
4. Remain In Control Of Your Own Life & Follow God’s Wisdom
I have the right to do anything, you say – but not everything is beneficial. I have the right to anything – but I will not be mastered by anything.
5. Hope Is The Foundation Of Recovery & God Teaches Us To Forgive
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
(James 5:15 – 16)
6. Release Yourself From Temptation & Find Release In The Lord’s Light
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. If Recovery Seems Impossible, Ask God For His Wisdom & Guidance
Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With men, it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.
8. God Is The God Of Hope & He Will Give You Hope In Times Of Need
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
9. The Path To Recovery Comes With Many Setbacks, But God Is There To Give You Strength
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall not run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
10. Recovery Requires Discipline & God Will Give You The Courage To Carry On
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.
11. Forgiveness Is An Important Part Of Recovery & Forgiveness Begins With God
Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
12. The Word Of God Can Give Us The Inspiration To Face Recovery With Acceptance
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
13. The Healing Process Is Slow But It Can Be Less Onerous With The Help of God
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them, and I will reveal them an abundance of peace and truth.
14. God Will Heal You Through His Power & Wisdom – For God Does Not Wish To See His Children Suffer
Oh, my Lord my God, I cried for You for help, and You healed me.
15. God Will Restore Your Soul & Lead You On The Path To Recovery
He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
17. Self-Control Is Key If You Want To Overcome Addiction & Heal Yourself
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
18. If We Follow God’s Example, We Can Live Long, Good & Healthy Lives
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age.
(Titus 2:11 – 12)
19. Throw Away The Trauma Of Addiction & Find Power In The Light Of God
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.
20. Turn Away From The Temptations Of Addiction & Accept His Into Your Soul
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit…
21. Addiction Can Lead You To The Devil, Do Not Let Him Overpower You
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
22. If You Feel Tempted, Allow Yourself To Be Tempted By God, For He Knows No Evil
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God,’ for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.
But each person is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
(James 1:12 – 15)
23. Stand Firm In Your Recovery & Do Not Succumb To The Slavery Of Your Addiction
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit to a yoke of slavery.
24. Through God’s Strength We Can Do Anything, Such As Recover & Heal
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
25. Your Recovery Is Aided By God & Those People Who Love & Care For You
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Romans 12:1 – 2)
We all know that the path to recovery is not an easy one, whether you are overcoming an addiction or working through your mental health.
However, with God’s wisdom, you will be able to overcome the painful process and renew yourself as a person who is free from the shackles of addiction.
These quotes should inspire you on your journey to recovery and give you strength in dark times.